Sunday, November 06, 2005

Bapteezy-Fo-Sheezy

Wow, what can I say.... wow.... I got Baptized today... I wasnt even planning on it. I remember starting the day, feeling SO excited for Neil, so glad that he was making this huge step, wasnt planning on joining him in the water. But when Garret was speaking, about what Baptism symbolized, and about how I was joinging God and what not... it reached my heart, my soul, I felt those words... When Neil came back to the shore, a new man of God, Garret asked if there was anyone else who wanted to be Baptized, my heart answered for me, I raised my hand with NO conscious effort whatsoever, it wasnt even a choice for me, I just did it... It was as if God was raising my hand for me, like a ref would do for the champion of fight, I feel like a champion, however the fight is long from won.

Supposedly that Satan guy likes to attack after these things, but you know what, fuck em'. Im really not worried about that bastard, Ive lived my hell, twice now. If I am tested again, sent back into my hell, I have my father holding my hand, only this time I will squeeze tightly to it, I will set the Lord always before me, because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Thats a Psalm I think.

So yeah, I feel awesome, so JOYFUL, I feel JOY!!! If its one thing Ive learned recently its the different between true Joy and plain ole' Happiness. Joy is a gift from God, (like mana and Tupac), happiness is more an earthly thing. I was happy in my younger days, with the joys of the earth, hell it was FUN to go out drinking EVERY night: Irish car Bombs (my fav), Drunken Foosball at Masquerades, Body Shots, St. Patties Day (Oh my God...), Alchohol Inspired Truth or Dare, Pole Dancing (Ive got pictures), Boose-cruisin' to Savannah, Drunken nights In Darwin Austrailia... man, good times, damn good times... It was fun, I was happy-ish, but there was no joy... I was unfulfilled, empty, looking for that alcohol buzz to fill me up, but that would go away, morning would come, I would feel filthy, shamed, and lets not forget hungover... Thats not life, thats not mine anyways, anymore. I seek Joy now, the Joy thats given by God, the Joy I get from just seeking God, and seeing my friends happy, getting to hug them, and share my life with them, Ill tell ya what dude, Im blessed.

So yeah, that was cool, Im on cloud 9 now, It feels so awesome to be Baptized, let the good times roll! Speaking of which, I have to go read this blonde chick a bed time story! More Joy! Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home