Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Un Buen Tiempo! Feliz Ano Nuevo!

On the night of the last full day of our road trip, I write this:

Life is Beautiful...

I got to hold my little 4 month old niece... She was so beautiful, I almost cried while holding her. Im an Uncle Tony!!!

New Years was amazing. I brought down some homies from School (Matt, Megs and Kayla) to celebrate the new year with my family and friends. New Years day will always be a memorable day.

It started off in Palm Bay Florida, with Goodbyes to my friend Ace, aka Pookey, aka Carlos... Hes going to Iraq-a-stan for a year... again... From the Goodbyes it was hello's to my Grandparents. They made us lunch after they came home from church. We talked for a bit then I ditched my friends to take a quick shower at the Gmas house. When I came out of the shower, my friends were all outside picking tangerines with my Grandfather... It made me smile... Some of my best memories come from my Gma's house, with my Grandparents, and to get the opportunity to share and make more memories with value friends is priceless.

After picking Tangerines, my friend Kayla decided she needed to wash her hair and what not, so she went into my Grandmothers bathroom to do her thing... During this time, she managed to drop my most prized possession on this earth, (well, maybe not The most prized possession, but its up there) my Saint Christophers necklace, down the drain of the sink. I really wasnt worried about it, prolly because I knew Kayla was really upset by it, and cuz I didnt want to upset her more by being upset as well. Good news tho, my Grandfather constructed a hooking device from a coat hanger and I fished it out!!! I was relieved, poor Kayla was crying tho, to which my Grandfather told her that it was ok, and that he cries all the time too, he's a great man, I hope to be like him... only not bald.

From the Gma's in Palm Bay, we went to Orlando Florida to spend the New Years with my Puerto Rican Family... What a blessing to have them in my life, honestly, all the years of pain and suffering are worth it now, I get to share the rest of my life with some amazing people, who love me so much, and I them.

Oh, and the house we partied at was AMAZING!!! Wow, screened in back porch with a nice bar, swimming pool, spanish music playing all night, an amazing assortment of Puerto Rican food and drinks, I was in Heaven. It was so much fun hanging out with the fam and friends, meeting new people, and eventually, as the other partiers got more and more drunk, getting the courage to get up and dance! Yes, I Salsa'ed!!! I wasnt very good, but at 4am, it didnt matter. I had such a good time, what a blessing to be able to spend it with the friends and family I have.

Life is Beautiful.

I am currently in Tampa, visiting the Mom. Its been good! Today was a restful day ( we needed it after last night). We watched some movies and just hung out, it was good to be home, and rest.

Tomorrow we head back home, I dont wanna leave yet, but I suppose its time to get back to life... Its a New Year, I need to set and keep my goals, and just be happy... If anything, I just need to remember, that Life is Beautiful.

Life, is Beautiful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with being bald? I mean seriously!
Happy New Year bro. Give me call when you get back.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home