Friday, January 05, 2007

I Believe In a Thing Called Love, Say It Aint So

Today, someone very close to me tried to hurt my feelings, they succeeded. It really upset me, really hurt my feelings... I exploded. A neighboring friend heard my explosion, asked me if I was ok, to which I replied honestly (no), and she took me for a drive, thanks Erin.

It really helped out a lot, just driving around and talking, and it really meant a lot. Its not everyday you hear someone yelling, then ask them to take a ride in your car. I am blessed for that, Erin really talked some sense into me, trouble is, a lot of people have tried talking sense into me, the hard part is the following through. This was discussed in our car trip, I think I got it this time... I dont ever want to be hurt like that again...

After talking with Erin, I packed my things and headed West-ish... Didnt really have any destination, just far, far away from here. I ended up taking some crazy backroads all the way to Aiken, when I decided that I didnt want to be alone, I called my homies. I texted my friend Brandon, who was still at work, my friend Danielle was there with him so she called me back. It was so Good to hear from her, shes one of my all time fav's. I decided to head back to civilization, I made record time from Aiken, topping speeds of over 110 miles an hour, getting back to Columbia in just over 45 minutes, it was kinda fun.

Me and my friends met up at our crap bar Calloways. It was good to hang out, we had our own Karaoke going on... even though there wasnt Karaoke going on... We put money in the jukebox and sang our hearts out to "I Believe In a Thing Called Love", by the Darkness, and "Say It Aint So" by Weezer. During those songs I laughed, not one of those surfacey laughs, but one from the soul... It felt so good... I love my friends!

Im still hurt and upset about earlier, but Ill get over it. And even though that person was so awful to me, I forgive her, not because I have to, but because I love her. Ill just have to learn from this experience and guard my heart better, no longer will I give that person that part of my heart, my life... I hope I can listen to Erin this time.

So thanks again Erin. And also thanks to Danielle, Brandon and Jesse, for providing me with a much needed laugh, and a place to stay. If its one thing I can say, its that God has blessed me with the most Amazing friends money cant buy. I am blessed to be in situations like these where I can realize this... Say it aint so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home