Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Spiritual Endurance

So I went to the ole house church last Sunday, it was really good. It was good to do church with my old friends, I missed sharing my life with them.

We went through a chapter in Acts, chapter 16 to be exact. During this chapter, Paul and his homie Silas were chillin in Macedonia when the met this chick named Lydia... Long story short, they cast out some demons from Lydia, this angered some people and Paul and Silas were pubically beaten and imprisoned. While sitting in prison, all bloodied and beaten, Paul and Silas began singing hymns and praying to God...

It didnt sink in until the end of church the importance of spiritual endurance, and the absolute lack of mine.

Dude, Paul and Silas were beaten up and rotting in prison becuase they were doing the Lords work... Technically, it was the Lords fault they were in there... yet they were singing praises and praying... wow.

I think of my life... (oh boy) and when times are tough, and when I feel I am doing the Lords work and I get burnt by it... How I react is far different, with an absolute Lack of Spiritual Endurance.

I give up. I use the excuse of being burnt by doing what is "right" to turn around and do something "wrong". I blame God for the misfortunes of my life. I dont pray, I complain. I dont sing, I curse. What the crap Tony. This is so far from what I used to be, from what I want to be.

So instead of sitting here and being hard on myself. Ill say that I recognize a need for change, and Im working on it. When times are tough, I will do as it says in 1st Thessalonians; "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".

Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home