Wednesday, January 10, 2007

You've GOT To Try The Salsa!

Man, I had fun tonight! I have to admit, Learning to Salsa is a lot of fun!!!

It was scary at first, much like any new thing you take on. I remember when I was going to start taking submission fighting classes. It was pretty intimidating to just jump in there and learn how to break peoples spines, then at the end, just start doing it.

But getting the courage to Salsa required courage of a different sort. For one, as much as Id love to say Im an Italian, I am white... meaning rythum does not come natural to me, no matter how long I lived with the Pureto Ricans. Also, there are OTHER people there who are NOT white who CAN dance and who WILL make me look stupid. Oh, and to top it all off, the place where the dance classes are is in a building with a beautiful view of Assembly street, meaning people can watch me make a fool of myself as they walk or drive by... talk about pressure.

But the scariness wares off, and it just becomes fun! They even toss you around with different parnters, which is scary at first, but wares off as well. I was blessed to have gone with an AMAZING partner! We had a lot of fun and laughs, good times! :)

I look forward to the weeks ahead! Ill be the 1st Italian White boy Salsa Champion in no time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home