Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tears For A Stranger

I read something that absolutely broke my heart today.

A friend of mine found a note Saturday at the Shack (my Campus Ministry). It was folded up and stuffed into the crevice of the door. The note read as follows:

"My best friend is very ill. She is My only true friend in The world. Please pray for her. She is the only truly kind, wholly good thing I've every encountered in my life. Please pray for her."

Inside the folded up note was a small picture of a dog, mans best friend.

This made me cry SO Hard while praying for this stranger. It absolutely breaks my heart that a dog, though beautiful creatures, is this persons only true friend, the only good thing they have ever encountered... Such a sad and heartbreaking statement, it truly brings tears to my eyes as I type this now.

In a way its so sad because I can relate, Ive walked around for so long missing out on love. And I feel this person does not feel loved as well. My heart completely goes out to this stranger, and their pet. I wish them both to be ok, and I do pray that this persons friend recovers from her illness.

I hate that people have to walk this earth brokenhearted. I thank God that I heard this cry for help, and I PRAY that I can somehow get into contact with this person, and just show them love, or help them to understand that they are loved. And I also want to pray for their doggie too. This was so, so sad. God please be with this Stranger, and please dont take this Strangers only true friend. :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they will come back to The Shack later. Might I suggest dog bones (maybe from Three Dog Bakery in Five Points) and a note? Leave it there in an obvious place. Maybe with a sign or something. Just a simple way to express Jesus and some encouragement.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, read that note on thursday. We'll all be praying for them. and that they find more love.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home