Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Wanna Be In The Light

Im in a tough spot within my own heart and soul. What am I doing... Its been a rough few days... Then the words came to me like... something that comes to you when you really need it! Dont laugh, but the words came from an old DC Talk song, In the light... I smiled, I will quote these words for you:

Tell me whats going on inside of me?
I Despise my own behavior,
This only serves to confirm, my suspicions,
That I'm still a Man in need of a Savior.

Gosh ya'll, Im such a selfish human being... I took what I wanted. I love others, and yet I use them, I despise that so much... Selfish. What was I doing? Being selfish... It hurts. What was I thinking... I was trying to take a precious treasure, one that was not mine to take, one I had no room for anyways... Selfishness.

I am so far from perfect, and It's days like these that remind me of this. Good news however. Spiritual Growth is occuring... I AM in need of a Savior, I cant do this on my own, I really Suck on my own. Once again, Its spiritual endurance I need. Times suck, Im being hard on myself, but Im pressing on, no giving up, no turning back. I wanna be in the light, pure, honest and truley treating my brothers and sisters out of love.

Special Thanks DC Talk for such an awesome CD. Jesus Freak rocks man, hop on that stuff!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The disease of self runs through my blood,
It's a cancer fatal to my soul..."

such a great song. such powerful words.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Every attempt on my behalf past failed... to bring this sadness under control.....Tell me what's goin on inside me? I despise my own behavior...."

I LOVE THAT CD. TONY, anytime you wanna rock out to that, let me know! -Ally

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home