Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You Cant Handle the Truth

Truth hurts. Truth can be uncomfortable and sometimes unbearable. It is because of this that people cant handle the truth, even when they ask for it. I should know, Im one of those people.

I was completely disheartened today. Last night I hurt my friends feelings by telling her my true feelings about her relationship. In hindsight, I should have been more careful with my words. Using the honest approach, I told her how I felt, and though she asked me my honest opinion and it was not meant to hurt, it did. Now she's upset with me and Im upset to have upset her.

I also tried to rebuke a friend on their sarcasm, which I received another sarcastic remark for. Later that same night, I tried calling a friend out on what I felt was a bitter heart... Once again, I hurt someone elses feelings, and this person turned cold on me...

I just feel so bad, I feel what Im doing is right. I only speak the truth and rebuke because I care, because these are my friends and I care about them and their hearts. We are called to rebuke, and sharpen eachother... I just dont see why theres such stiff resistance, and a quickness to rub in my faults as a reason for doing bad.

Im going to give Matt Carrowan the credit here for this one, he said "If you have to Justify what you are doing with someone elses Sin, thats just wrong". So wise, so true.

I also cant be prideful in thinking that I am Right. I may be completely wrong with my views here, this is something I have to pray more about. But right now it does feel right to be honest, and to not lie or plead the fifth, as one friend told me to do. No way. Im sorry, but I love you to much to lie to you. I know it hurts, but just know that I love you, and Im only honest because I care... If I didnt care, Id lie to you, then talk bad about you when your not around!

So yeah, what have I learned today? People only want the Truth that they want to hear. People really dont want to be held accountable. Humans are defensive by nature when it comes to being rebuked. Our community is not used to rebuke. Changes need to be made.

I hate the fact that I hurt peoples feelings, I dont like this at all. But what am I gunna do... I wanna just appease everyone and drop my opinions and just move on, but thats worthless, thats so fake and empty. I think Ill re-read my blog on spiritual endurance and just keep on keepin on.

I love you, and Im sorry if I hurt any of you. I am far from perfect, and far from being the most tact person in the world, Lo siento to all those who I have pissed off or hurt in the past 24 hours, I really am sorry, It's only cuz I care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home