Monday, January 29, 2007

A Penny For Your Thoughts

I think we are all so much more valuable than we give ourselves credit for... well, some of us anyways. Theres always those few people, or as the Marine Corps would say "that 10%", that think they are more important than the rest of the world. But it is to the 90% I speak.

Ive really grown up with the belief that I was stupid, and that I was worthless. I HATED answering questions or talking in class, because I automatically assumed what I had to say was wrong or stupid. These feelings began in elementary school... Gosh, that was years ago. Im 26 now and I am still dealing with those feelings of stupidity and worthlessness.

I was talking to a friend on the phone the other night, he was having a rough time and was asking for advice, which I provided. During this conversation he stopped and said "I dont know if you know this or not but you are really wise, I just thought you should know that". That compliment meant a lot... I really dont see myself that way. I still feel like what I have to say is crap, unintelligent... I feel like people are thinking I am stupid when Im talking.

Its so bad that I dont even give compliments to people as often as I should because I feel I am worthless. I feel like people wouldnt care what I thought because it was "Just Tony", no one important.

I believe a lot of people feel this way, Stupid, afraid to talk because of what other people May think of them. I use the word "May" because almost everytime we try to "guess" how people view us, its wrong. Im beginning to understand that people dont think Im stupid or worthless, those awful feelings are beggining to fall away. However, the bad habits of not speaking my opinion or complimenting people still carries over. Its like somewhere deep down, Ive accepted this "worthlessness and stupidity". I have to break those habits completely.

So yeah, guess what peeps, your not stupid, you are not worthless, you are beautiful and have so much value and worth in this world. We waste our gifts, our time, and our potential by giving into our insecurities. I wonder who I could have blessed, and what more I could have done if I had just believed better things of myself. I leave you with, what I feel, is an applicable quote.

"Your life is God's gift to you, what you do with your life, is your gift to God".

Dont waste it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK so I just teared up. Tony you are more valuable than words could attempt to describe-Ally T.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, I've always found you're comments wise and insightful

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home