Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What Came First? The Chicken, The Egg, Or My Retarded Ass

True story.

Ok, so Im tired, really tired. Pulled an all-nighter studyin for a History test, did pretty good by the way. Anywho, heres the take-away, Im tired...

After my test, I decide to make breakfast. I was hungry, I wanted something relatively fast, and with very little effort to prepare. I figured hey, hard boiled eggs, you put em in water, give em a few, then your done, or so I thought.

A minute or so into to the egg heating process, I start hearing, and I shit you not, chirping noises coming from the pot with the eggs in it... I stopped for a second, taking into account that Im F'n tired and might be a little crazy. But no, there was definately chirping coming from my pot of eggs... wtf.

I tried to convince my tired mind that it was phyiscally impossible for a baby chic to be in one of my eggs that has been in the fridge for over a month... But I couldnt help but think I was witnessing a modern miracle of science. I was hatching an egg on my stove top!

I then decided that I Was crazy, and the chirping noises must be coming from outside, after further inspection, I realized yet again that the chirping noises were coming from inside the pot. Then I did the stupidest thing you could possibly do with near boiling water... Put the pot next to my ear to Listen for the chirping noises. Yeah, dumb idea. In the process of putting the pot of hot water to my head, I forgot to keep the damn thing level, and I ended up pouring hot water all over myself. What the F man... Anywho, that hurt, but all is well, it wasnt boiling yet.

So I set take the damn pot off the burner. I gave into my stupid/sensative side and decided to make scrambled eggs (in case there was a chickey inside, I didnt want to cook him or her alive). I cracked the eggs open carefully, and lo and behold, there was no chickey.

Note to self: When I am tired, I am F'n Retarded.

17 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

this made me laugh.
out loud.
for far too long.

i need to talk to matt about finding some way to document the things you do when exhausted. how much would i have to pay him to follow you around with a camera?

1:07 AM  
Blogger TTrotter said...

OK so like 40,000 eprops for this one. :) Ty and I both read this at the same time and laughed. :P funnnnnnny!!!!! hahahahaha!!!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I had to search on google. Your site is what I found. My eggs are making chirping noises right now too. Thank god it's not because their are chicks inside. I mean, I too figured it was impossible for there to be chicks alive in there. But I had to search anyways. Its nerve racking how much it sounds EXACTLY like baby chicks. Oh god.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I just had the same experience! I'm thinking one (or some) of the eggs had a tiny hole in it. The noise comes from air bubbling out into the water...

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also just heard noises coming from the eggs! And was freaking out! I really think that is God because of how it sounds and that it's a egg too??? You know? How crazy but this website was the only one that had anything! Thank god I thought I was goin nuts!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I too just googled it because my Easter eggs r chirping! lol, I went in and checked and u can see tiny bubbles coming from tiny holes in a few eggs. So strange though how that would sound just like chirping chicks! I wonder if it is suppossed to mean more? Like saying hey I could have been a baby chick if u didnt have to color me and eat me!Happy Easter all!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had this chirping happen, googled about it, found myself here. And I'm wondering why this hasn't happened before now? I've boiled lots of eggs, for years. But I don't remember loud chirping baby chick noises happening. I put the uncooked eggs in the pan of cold water and this chirping happened. The eggs had condensation on the shell when I bought them from the store today, maybe that's part of the answer. Thank God for the internet! What did we do before the net? Look crazy to everyone I guess. Thanks for the blog posts everyone.

6:06 PM  
Blogger NunyaBeezWax said...

I had this happen to me at one time. (I was just telling some friends of mine about this, on a forum). It's a scary feeling, isn't it? LOL There's the whole, "but they've been in my fridge," and then the possibility of, "Well, GET HIM OUT OF THERE" feeling.

8:59 PM  
Blogger hoolia said...

I, too, thought I might be losing it. Chirping like noises coming from my eggs in a pot of water that is starting to boil.......too bizarre. And like everyone else, I am thankful I'm not going nuts!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank god, I found this. I just literally put my boiling eggs in a heating blanket almost in tears. Then I read this and came back to reality!! Thanks

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so i was going to boil three dozen and this horrible chirping which actually stopped me from preceeding to putting them on the stove, after calling my mother, wife, and phone a friend, i kept on trucking against my thoughts. i found this and breathed a sigh of relief. i would believe this is really gods practical joke.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am boiling 2 dozen egg. i heard baby chicks chirping. the sounds I heard help! I am afraid to boil the eggs!! help should I boil them?

10:39 AM  
Blogger TAllan said...

I am relieved to find out that I am not boiling baby chicks and am not crazy...okay maybe just a little bit as I took out each egg from the lukewarm water and shook it near my ear. My 7 yr old will never look at eggs the same again...or her Mom

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Amanda F said...

Ok so i just put my Easter eggs on and here this chirping noise and freak out cus i too know it can not be chirping noises but thats what the heck i was hearing so i put my head close to the pot on the stove and thats what it was CHIRPING. So i call my nephew in and ask him do you hear anything and he jumps back its chirping are you killing those babies lol. So i call my man in and ask him do you hear anything and he says uhhh yeah wth i would google that so thats how i got to your page and realized i am not crazy i knew it wasnt possible but the sounds really freaked me out

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo why am I hearing chirping coming from my egg carton INSIDE the fridge? I'm not boiling them so no air escaping in the water right???

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home