Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I miss home. Home to me has never been so much a place, but a feeling.

The one thing I always wish I had is a place to come home to, a bedroom. When I go back to Florida to visit high school friends, its always cool to see my friends old rooms. I wish I had that, a place that I could go back to, that was mine. I dont have that, I dont have a physical place to call home. But what I have always had since then is that feeling of home.

Home to me is the feeling of safety, love. I would feel it at places like Applebees when I used to work there. I would feel it at the Shack when I used to go there. I feel it when Im with my friends. I miss that feeling.

As much as I love it here, Its not home yet. I probably picked one of the worst times to move away from home, with all the girl drama going on. So life has been really wierd, kind of missing taste... I feel kind of numb to it all, its hard to explain. All I know is that I miss home a lot. I miss hookah, I miss Coors Light Nights on the Front Porch, I miss a real House Church, I miss the feeling of Solid Community, I miss conversations of deep meaning, I miss Erin and Alison being so close, I miss Shanes crazy ass laugh, Laura's amazing smile, Bob Days oversized luggage, Hugos jokes, Bruce shitting on my clothing, Goatfeathers, the Horseshoe... I just miss that feeling of home.

If times were not so tough, I know Id be ok. But I know I miss home, I miss my homies... Thats why they are called homies because they are home.... I cant back that up...

So yeah, Ill be home soon. I miss home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Gail said...

i can relate.
one hundred percent.

love you, tupac!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home