Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Easy-ish

Well its just over 2 weeks since Ive been here in the Nola, aka New Orleans. I really like it here so far, i think its been a great choice. Adjusting has been easier than I expected. I miss my homies, but Im ok here, and Im starting to meet new peeps.

One thing I will complain about here is the roads. They are horrible and confusing. Aside from the fact that theres potholes the size of Montana everywhere, all the roads are one way, and Never the direction I need to be heading. I was leaving work last week, and I was taking the Same damn road I take home every night after work when this cop started yelling at me (10 bucks says he smelled marijuana... F-April). It turns out that the road I kept taking was a One Way, and it wasnt the direction I had been driving.

I also hate the Toll Booth before the Bridge near downtown. Theres only one damn lane for people with Cash, and like 50 lanes for the speed pass thing, which I dont have. Ive ran that toll booth 3 times now, only once on purpose. I think it takes a picture of your license plate each time you run it, (mine by the way is expired, which compliments my lack of Drivers Licence very well).

Speaking of picture taking, if you run a red light here, they have these auto-camera's set up to take a snap shot of your licence plate... Ive gotten one of those pictures too, And I hope it has amazing focus and clarity to zoom in on my expired tags. I think I hate driving here...

Other than that, I love it here. Im actually thinking about Grad School here in the Spring, and possibly Fall if I get some crazy amazing Italian/Irish Car Bomb Scholarships or something... If Im ever rich, I am going to have a scholarship set up specifically for Irish Carbombs... Ill work it out. Anywho, so yeah, Grad School, I think Im going for Accounting. Ill be getting more info next week.

Anywho, thats all for now, Im at work, should be working. I love my friends very much, I am blessed, peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

driving in NOLA does suck, and i'm glad i never had to do it.
i prayed a lot when we were driving because we could never find our exits..haha

but yeah, for your last post..i agree with laura,...you should pray about your sleep and dreams...He has control over that too. I have to do that sometimes so that i don't have dreams that are full of temptation. It's really helpful. I'll be praying for you too.

10:08 AM  
Blogger joey said...

Your hat is never leaving the shack.

Ever. It's being enshrined.

Ok, so we're not bowing down to it in worship. But we are highly protective.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home