Sunday, March 05, 2006

New York New York

Its time to start burning some Sinatra CD's for my trip, cuz Im going to New York!

I wasnt sure If I was going to, but I feel like the SOMETHING (maybe God?) is telling me to. Im in Florida now. On the trip down I saw near 50 'New York' license plates, and I saw a few trucks with 'New York' on the side. When I finally got to my hometown, I was on one of the main roads before my house, and I was right behind a New York license plate! THEN, I stop at Barnes and Noble for coffee, and I walk in and there, right in front of me is a book on "Wierd New York".... thats wierd... I finally get to where Im staying the night, at a friends house (my Puerto Rican Family) and Im just chillin playing some video games, and the opening scene of this stupid game was in New York. Crazy! Then TODAY, Im going to the beach, boom, another New York License plate! I told myself that "If I saw ONE MORE thing New Yorky, Im going"... and there it was, the New York Eatery.... Im going.

Im excited and scared about New York all at the same time. I havnt been up there since last May, my Aunt Phyllis's funeral. She was an amazing woman, She loved Jesus so much. She had a rough childhood also, She was one of the first people Ive shared my insecurities with. I owe a lot, if not all of my 'being a Christian' to her. I might have been a buddhist or something, but seeing the way she loved Jesus, and how she TRULY spread love to EVERYONE, inspired me. She was the most joyful person I have ever known. I dont know why but when I was younger, I always wanted to bring my "wife to be" to see her, cuz I always thought she would know who God had picked for me, and it was my Aunt who I always wanted all my friends to meet, because she would make them feel "loved". I strive to be like that, to share love that comes from God above, its so beautiful. The way she and my Uncle Julio raised their children in that love shows, and it is in them that I will model my parenting around, not my own personal childhood.

I want to see my cousins and Uncle Julio while Im up there, I hope I get to.

Im going to dinner in a few with my friends, It will be good to be around them, help clear my head about things, and just relax, lord knows I need it.

Anywho, the moral of this story is, IM GOING TO NEW YORK!!!!!! Look Out!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tony. We haven't forgotten about you......See you soon. :) AL

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home